Privacy and Social Media Notices
Information We Collect
The State of Missouri Deferred Compensation Plan receives certain nonpublic personal information about you from your employer in order to provide a retirement savings benefit, financial education, account recordkeeping and investment options to you. This information includes your name, address and email address, social security number, date-of-birth, employer, employment status, gender and marital status. In addition, we collect personal data directly from you when you log in to your secure online account to make updates. Some personal data, although generally not identifying information, is also collected when you register for an event via Event Registration, enroll in deferred comp Mobile Alerts, or participate in plan surveys.
Information We Disclose
The plan only shares your nonpublic personal information with our partners – like our record keeper MissionSquare Retirement and email client – who help provide services to you. We also use your information to help process your account requests and transactions (i.e., providing bank account information for processing a withdrawal). The plan does not sell participant information to anyone.
How We Safeguard Your Information
We in partnership with the plan record keeper, MissionSquare Retirement, maintain internal policies and procedures and physical and electronic safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We restrict access to only those persons who need to know it to provide services to you or who are permitted or required by law to receive it.
Social Media and Comment Policy
The State of Missouri Deferred Compensation Plan utilizes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. These channels are dedicated to delivering timely plan news, important savings tips and general, retirement-related information. Because each person's situation is different, the content found at these outlets are for informational purposes only and should not be misconstrued as retirement or investment advice. We welcome constructive comments and look forward to using social media to enhance your retirement savings journey.
Since these are public forums, we ask that you follow a few guidelines:
- Be courteous when posting to these platforms. Remember that your posts appear in an archived, public forum on the internet and will be attached to your online identity.
- Please do not post personal account information about yourself or any other plan participant. Personal account questions posted on any social media page or within Facebook's email or messaging system will NOT be answered. For specific account questions, please call 800-392-0925.
- Advertising and promoting are prohibited.
- Obscene, racial, or explicit comments are strictly prohibited.
- Do not make defamatory comments or unsubstantiated allegations against people or organizations.
- Understand that the opinions and views expressed by the fans or followers of these social media channels are solely their own and do not reflect the views of the State of Missouri Deferred Compensation Plan.
- The State of Missouri Deferred Compensation Plan reserves the right to remove posts and/or comments that do not adhere to these guidelines and may change its social media and comment policy at any time.