Proactive Fraud Prevention
Take Steps to Secure Yourself
As you’ve probably seen in the news lately, cybersecurity and fraud threats continue to evolve and become more prevalent. Implementing effective cybersecurity measures is particularly challenging today, with more devices in use and attackers becoming more innovative. We at MO Deferred Comp are committed to protecting our participant information, and with the help of our record keeper, MissionSquare Retirement, have designed and currently maintain an Information Security and Fraud Prevention program that reflects widely recognized best practices.
However, you can also help protect yourself against threats by following a few prudent practices to strengthen security and help mitigate the risk of fraud:
- Change passwords on a regular basis and never use the same password across accounts.
- Be on the alert for phishing emails with embedded links and phone scams.
- Look for "https://" and for a lock icon in your browser address bar to signify a secure site before logging in.
- Contact the legitimate company directly if you have any doubts about an email or website containing the company's name.
- Secure personal information.
- Check account information frequently.
- Shred personal information before discarding.
- Update email, phone numbers and address to ensure the most recent information is on file.
- Promptly review all communication sent from MO Deferred Comp via mail or email and immediately report any discrepancies.
- Contact us at 1-800-392-0925 if there are questions about other measures that can be taken to strengthen security and mitigate against fraud.